Search my WHIMS n WISHES!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Off to a new start, with a prayer on my lips....

The D-day is almost round the corner!

With the arrival of the new uniforms, new books, crispy brown paper rolls, my excitement knows no bounds!!

I can finally take a long breath and state that the raving, ranting and tension of the past few months (here and here) are officially over. There was some confusion, nail biting sessions in between when we had to choose between the two schools into which AD had got admission. The choice was made after much deliberation and head breaking ...as if it was not admission to LKG but deciding and finalising a career choice!! Huh!! (Never imagined I would become a hyper Mom!!)


So my little one is on the threshold of a new world.....a world, which along with our love, support and guidance, will shape her into the person she will grow up to be....

There will be happy moments and sad.

Good times and bad....
Moments of achievements, success and highs.
Some of disappointments, frustrations and anxious sighs.
Bitter fights, scary scoldings, taunting and teasing.
Lunch times bursting with glee....eating, sharing, games and scraped knee!
Homework & tests, exams & marks end either in
Unbridled ecstasy or despair ..oh so stark!
Inspiring teachers who make learning a joy;
And devil's incarnates will be there too...devious tactics who love to employ.
Discipline and moral science,
Bunking classes and acts of defiance.
Favourite subjects and lousy ones.
Lots of Friends and loads of fun....
School life will be all this and more.
A storehouse of knowledge, values and wisdom galore

Hope my princess grows and imbibes
all that it takes to lead a sincere and honest life...

18 comments:

Roshni said...

looks like YOU want to go back to school again!! ehehehee!!
Just imagine,yesterday I was thinking about whether AD got into the school of your choice and wondering where to ask you that! Well, that's great that the tension is over (?) Which school did she get into?

Sharmistha Guha said...

Now that we are out of that phase, it seems all sugary-sweet, nostalgic and all that!!
But when the homeworks etc start, i'm sure my mushiness will evaporate!! ;))
Got thru St Anne's, Secunderabad & Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan , Jubilee Hills...finalised the latter...

naperville mom said...

Wow! Congrats to AD...Getting into two schools is no joke, really! I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time, bless her!:)

Aniket Thakkar said...

The golden era begins...

Its like stepping into Narnia. Only there are more than one Ice witches to deal with these days. :D

Its sad that the education standards have gone so high that all the fun is being sucked out of schools. Hope things change for the better.

Ugich Konitari said...

My very best wishes to your little one as she starts out at school. Its been a LONG time since I went through all of this, and brings back great memories when I read post like yours .....

Kavi said...

Wonderful news !! many congratulations to her and all the very best !

The first steps are momentous. And then, as she moves year on year, you will perhaps come back to this post and wonder how it was...when she did start off !!

Superb !

:)

Rush said...

took me back to my childhood days...i schooled out of Bhavans Bombay.

Being a mom..its tough, nai? feels jitterish thinking abt it!!
but then its fun..ur reliving ur entire life again ;)

Sharmistha Guha said...

@NM-Thanks for your wishes...I too do hope she has a good time..

@Aniket-Impressive new name!! ;))
I know....life is tough for these kiddos...but despite it all, hoping that she enjoys this new phase of life!

@Suranga-Thanks so much for your wishes....

@Kavi-Thanks kavi...for your words and wishes

@Rush-Oh you too from Bhavans! It isnt cakewalk, that's for sure but wonderful too...almost like reliving your own growing up years....

HR said...

please convey my good wishes and blessings to little AD!... The wonderful days are going to start now for her... a little nostalgic for me....

Sharmistha Guha said...

@HR--Thanks sir! School days always evoke nostalgia!!

Sam said...

oh boy!! reminds me of my parents went bonkers when it was time for my bro that was '98 maybe n you wud think they shud have been pros after having put thru 2 brats before him...
anywyz, dats a milestone far off for me now n am in no hurry :P

Sharmistha Guha said...

@Sumit-I guess we parents do go bonkers where kid-related milestones are concerned!
Ha ha ha!! You're the next generation!! Learn from the veterans like us and prepare yourself!! ;))

Sucharita Sarkar said...

I am sure your little one will be caught up in your infectious enthusiasm for school. All the best...the daily grind begins soon!!!

pradipwritenow said...

This is another important phase of your life. You shall now see them to grow very quickly and you may find another exciting life.

Sharmistha Guha said...

@SS-Hope I can retain my enthusiasm once the homework , tests and REAL studies begin!!

@PB-Yes....a new phase...and a phase that will shape the person she will grow up to be

SSQuo said...

The 'getting in' is a big deal right? I have a friend who was hoping to get his niece into Springdales (Delhi), and I heard the tribulations to get that done, but all's well that ends well! :)

I love the thoughts you penned, it took me back, the subjects were liked and the lousy ones lol, you'll have to listen to her complain now and then you'll hear yourself sounding like your mom!!

Sharmistha Guha said...

@SSQuo-Oh yes...a most unpleasant and troublesome process...'the getting in'!
I already sound like my Ma ..and when I find myself admonishing AD in the very terminologies she used to use with us, almost verbatim, I cant help but have a good laugh (albeit to myself)....
So she'll get as irritated with me as I used to with my Ma...ha ha ha!! The circle of life...

Ketan said...

Wow! Cute poem! I really liked the fluent, easy rhyming.

TC.